Proposed changes in the EA would:
- Replace full time and part time casual teachers with lower paid and less qualified ‘tutor-instructors’ and ‘assessors’
- Undermine employment security for teachers and head teachers
- Reduce the number of head teacher positions
- Abolish a due process for establishing and maintaining positions
In addition to these proposed changes decreasing job security for teachers, the replacement of teachers with less qualified staff would have negative effects on the quality of learning for students.
The proposed changes are in addition to the significant cuts to TAFE by the O’Farrell government.
This is further evidence of the sustained attacks TAFE is facing across Australia.
- TAFE Teachers urged to vote against pay offer –Full media release from the NSWTF is available here